• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Like takemehomegrandma, I don't care about using PPC any more than any other hardware architecture. Other than programmers that write assembly code for one architecture or another, I don't see why anyone would have any preference for one CPU type over another, and the few that hate Intel, or Apple hardware just because they have some dislike for the companies, that makes no sense to me either when we are talking about buying used hardware.

As long as the MorphOS developers continue to use good sense in choosing platforms to port the OS to, which by that I mean that they choose the best performing hardware for the price paid that their small team of developers can complete good ports to and continue to support MorphOS after the port has been completed, I don't care if it is to new or used hardware, or which manufacturer makes it.

The MorphOS Dev Team has done a great job in choosing which hardware to support so far and I like the plans they have for the future (based on what they have stated and what has been shown as a "Proof of Concept"). Unless there is a significant change in the size and/or technical expertise of the Dev Team in the near future, I don't see any change of plans or direction in which platforms will be supported in the future. Maybe if the Team adds one or more wizards of OS development that know the x86, or Arm architectures expertly, then we might see a change in direction for the future, but until then, I don't see anything changing from what they have told us will be supported & hinted at with screen shots of G5 systems.

Long term future plans are too far off to worry about and we would be better served by having more MorphOS users trying to learn to program and create needed programs & games that better utilize the hardware we already have now, than waiting and wishing for better, or different hardware for the future.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »16.03.11 - 15:19