• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    macsociety
    I am new to MorphOS but have a question. In the past it seemed the MorphOS was built around the Pegasos motherboard. Now that Pegasos is long gone from being made, is there any other motherboard from a company like Genesi (or whatever other companies that can make PPC based boards) that MorphOS will be made to work on.
    I like the Mac Mini of course but all of the Macs are used systems now with some age. Some folks like to buy brand new systems so good possibility the systems run longer without failure since some systems only live so long.

MorphOS looks to be a real nice OS and wonder if there are other motherboards on the market that MorphOS could be made to run on that offer better specs that the older Mac Minis, are new, and where someone can make and sell MorphOS boxes like in the Genesi Pegasos days.

I know MorphOS will eventually be available for PM G5 and all that but I owned a G5 Dual system, two of them, and they both failed at about 5 years of age. That is when I jumped to Intel based Macs since PPC was being left behind on Macs.

But, I like the idea of a MorphOS specific box for sure.

tj
  • »13.03.11 - 23:25
    Profile Visit Website