• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    donating the hw by the community and free keys by the team for realibe developers seems to be a very good idea.
    i suppose if there would be a website for the story then it should be available in different languages and should contain sections sorted by the location of the donated machines - ie. europe (then uk, france, poland, etc..), america (north, south - usa, canada, mexico), asia (india:)). this would help interested developers to look for a machine near to their location to keep postage low or even collect it in person.
    of course this wont stop anyone to donate a machine to a developer from the other site of the planet (or even outside of it, who knows:), but would help all interested parties imho.
    any thoughts about this?

also the donations shouldnt be limited to whole systems but parts as well, so if say so someone has a suitable soundcard, which could work with morphos and want to find a developer who are willing to write a driver for it (and already has a morphos system) then the card could be donated via this program/website to the developer (if theres any). same goes for any other peripherials, like gfx-, i/o-, tv-, whatever cards, usb stuff, midi, etc.... you get the idea.

jacadcaps: is it public how many free keys has been given to developers by the team and whom they are? i know about daveae, noone else comes to mind ritenow....
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »20.01.11 - 02:52
    Profile Visit Website