• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Well that's a chicken vs. egg problem.
    They need to make some money, but is the 111 euro license fee stifling purchases?
    Personally, I'd like to see a $75 price level, but I can live with the current price.

I agree that the current price of MorphOS (which has already been lowered after many requests/complaints) is not the problem. I do agree that it would be in the "Teams" best interest to donate license keys to proven Amiga developers (which the "Team" has already done in the past and will probably do again in the future).

I am teetering on the edge of donating more MorphOS equipment to this cause of getting more MorphOS developers and could probably be talked into parting with one of my machines, but only if the right developer comes along and wants to show me that he is truly interested in developing on and for MorphOS and has past projects that he can show as examples of his work. I have already donated one MorphOS computer during the last AmiWest Show and raffled another at a very low price, in an attempt to gain a couple of more registered MorphOS users. I should have saved those two machines and used them for this project to send them to potential developers.

DaveAE & Audio Evolution was a good example of someone who we knew was capable and would complete a port of his work to MorphOS in a timely fashion.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »20.01.11 - 02:12