• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > what i understood speaking with him in Bad Bramsted there is no
    > need for full R300 support to get PowerBook Port out.

Then why did you (unsuccessfully, as you say) try to convince him to release PowerBook G4 support without full R300 drivers when you now say it's what's been intended anyway? I still don't understand.

While I obviously can't know what pega-1 told you in person in Bad Bramstedt, I do know what he said in the MorphOS presentation video at the same event (German):

"Wir planen halt wie gesagt diesen R300-Support, also diesen neueren 3D-Treiber für die nächste Generation der Grafikkarten, die nach den R200 kamen. Und wenn das drin ist, kann man dann sicherlich auch mal über den PowerBook-Kram reden."

Rough translation:
    "As said we plan R300 support, i.e. those more recent 3D drivers for the next generation of graphics cards which succeeded the R200. And when this is implemented we can start talking about the PowerBook stuff."

Do you think that this statement does *not* mean that full R300 support is supposed to be a requirement for a PowerBook G4 supporting MorphOS release?

And as I told you already twice, guruman (who was also there btw) supports my interpretation. To quote him from his report:

"he told the PowerBook G4 version basically ony lacks graphics acceleration support for R300 chipset and wireless support. The first one (both 2D for enhanced displays and 3D) is a must have"

Do you think that guruman has misunderstood something here?
  • »24.11.10 - 20:53