• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > The problem is that selling a "Amiga" named PC with an amiga-like OS
    > seems to result in legal problems. Now i would like to ask: Where the hell
    > is the difference in selling those with Linux + AmigaForever? huh? This
    > mix should be more harmful to Hyperions business..

I think Hyperion and A-Eon aim to offer the one and only true official AmigaOS solution. Unfortunately, they only have the 'AmigaOne' name for the hardware, not the 'Amiga' name. This means that a relatively cost-effective (compared to the X1000 that is) 'Amiga' computer with an AmigaOS-like native OS like AROS would pose real competition to Hyperion and A-Eon's offering. By contrast, an 'Amiga' computer, albeit cost-effective as well, with an AmigaOS-unlike native OS like Linux running an Amiga emulator running old AmigaOS 3.x (or even AROS/m68k one day) wouldn't be regarded as a true AmigaOS solution by most people who like to use an AmigaOS-like OS (as opposed to just running old Amiga games on the emulator), so this wouldn't pose real competition anyway. And I highly doubt that Commodore USA's solution will be as integrated as Amithlon, which is also based on Linux. In fact, it's arguable whether an Amithlon-like solution on an 'Amiga' computer would be subject to the "Substantially Similar Software Architecture" clause.
  • »29.06.11 - 21:29