• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    phoenixkonsole
    Jim wrote:
    Quote:

No, that definitely doesn't agree with what Barry told me directly in a phone conversation.
    He wasn't interested in direct development of AROS and after examining the state of the OS he didn't consider it polisedh or stable enough for inclusion with his PCs.
    And the MorphOS developers had apparently rejected an X86 port (for at least the immediately future).
    So he turned to a Linux Distro (which he's now getting gaffs for).

I'm not sure how I feel about C=USA, but it doesn't seem fair that other small shops can sell AROS based systems and not get any negative press but when C=USA wants to bundle an open source OS with their machines they get flack for it.

Well actually i find the C64x not too bad : )
    The problem is that selling a "Amiga" named PC with an amiga-like OS seems to result in legal problems.

Now i would like to ask:
    Where the hell is the difference in selling those with Linux + AmigaForever? huh? This mix should be more harmful to Hyperions business..

Well CUSA made one mistake:
    They said: "Wohoooo you Amigans we will bring AMIGA-PC's with AROS!!!!" at a time where some people put some hard work and money into AROS... CUSA did nothing... so i was pi**ed and said things like "Broadway on CUSA-machines = no go" ... i just hoped they will donate at least a few bucks to the bounties.... nothing .. remember they spoke about 30,000,000$ budget..... result: not even 5$ for a bounty...

Than they needed a sound-driver which was closed source... Stephen Jones has paid for it and i have paid to get it working with the AresOne later... CUSA said "suck my salty balls" and posted private messages in public forums.

You see the more i recap the more my blood starts boiling... hmm a minute ago i was positive about the C64x : D , still nice.

So there is nothing unfair....

aaaarrrrgghhhh ... ok everything is fine again : ) Did i say that the c64x looks fine?
  • »29.06.11 - 20:49