• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Again Andreas,
    I may have to concede to you, and perhaps I should have said could instead of might.
    I It would be difficult to take dave's statement about someone with deep pockets buying Amiga Inc's assets to build MorphOS computer, as serious.

But what if somerone took that partial quote you made of his statement seriously (or they just repeated the part you quoted with no attributions to the source)?
    Rumors get started and perpetuate this way, I over-reacted to the slightest hint of a link between Ainc and MorphOS not just because of the legal ramifications, but because the idea of these two names being link together seemed implausible and undesirable.

Edit - Check this out. One more reason to avoid association with the Amiga name (or move to X86).

http://www.amiga.com/news/2010-08-31-commodore-amiga-aio.php
    After the establishment of a good reputation, why would the MorphOS team want to be associated with anyone using the Amiga name?

But I really wish I hadn't taken this to heart, made that overly long post, or that this was still a topic we were bantering about. As I've said before, I applogize for mis-interpreting this and from now on I'll try to find the humor in such comments (even if I find them disturbing)

[ Edited by Jim on 2010/11/5 22:11 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »05.11.10 - 19:40