• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >>> The accuracy of this information seems questionable.

>> Which information do you refer to here specifically?

> What I mean't is I can't see Bill considering PC production (or a MorphOS port)
    > as his agreement with Hyperion would seem to preclude that.

So you basically cooked up some nonsensical ideas just to declare that they don't make any sense ;-) Btw, I don't think that the agreement with Hyperion could prevent Amiga Inc. conducting production of ("Amiga"-labelled) PCs or paying the MorphOS Team for porting MorphOS to anything they'd like. Amiga Inc. just wouldn't be allowed to market "Amiga"-named PCs (regardless of processor ISA) with MorphOS (or AROS or AmigaOS).

"nonsensical ideas"? That's pretty harsh coming from you Andreas. Usually you consider your statements more carefully before you say something like that.
    I'm not the only one that interprets Amiga Inc. agreement with Hyperion as precluding competition on similar platforms regardless of the name.

Licensing the Amiga name for use on keyboard X86 computers to CUSA is a lot different than selling MorphOS based computers (especially using the Amiga name). Similar processors and an extremely similar OS? Even if they own the Amiga brand this could be viewed as nothing more than a contrivance to circumvent their obligations under their agreement with Hyperion.

Sounds like a formula for an instant lawsuit.

I don't trust Bill's judgement, but I don't think he's that stupid (even after all the other things that may point to the contrary)..

Also, I cam't picture the MorphOS team as willing to work with someone like this. After years of building good will and keeping their promises, would the MOS team be willing to sell out to someone who has repeatdly done the opposite?

If so, I have misjudged the development team's integrity.

Instead on your siceanarios, here is what I see as more likely, Bill decides to focus on tablet, hand held, and cell phone devices and he leaves the conventional PC market alone., Considering the direction A Inc. was headed before they disappeared, this seems far more likely than your entirely speculative ideas.

[ Edited by Jim on 2010/11/4 2:40 ]

[ Edited by Jim on 2010/11/4 2:50 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »03.11.10 - 23:34