• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > What does Bill have to sell besides the company name?

The Pluritas LLC press release mentions "hardware designs, software, operating systems" besides trademarks.

Hardware designs: no frigging idea what that should be
    Software: "CoolTools"
    Operating systems: AmigaOS 1.x to 3.1 (see my answer to amigadave)

> He's never produced anything.

Assuming "he" = "Amiga Inc. (Delaware)", that's not true, as I pointed out before in this thread. Whether you attribute any kind of value to what "he" produced is another matter.

> They have no software except for some very old games.

You mean the Cinemaware and Vulcan games they sell/sold in bundle with their "Caveman" modification of WinUAE? These old Amiga games are only licensed, not owned by Amiga Inc. But yes, those licenses can be considered assets as well. For examples of software they really own see above.

> They have no hardware.

Yes, that's why the listing of "hardware designs" as asset puzzles me. I sincerely hope they don't classify their infamous "Zico specs" as "hardware design", even though their famous "Director of Hardware" Dean Brown may have had a hand in it ;-)

> the hardware patents they may or may mot own have probably expired.

Yes, they should have expired by now. But they've never been Amiga Inc's asset anyway:

"Gateway will retain ownership of all patents acquired when it bought Amiga in 1997."
    http://web.archive.org/web/20020225145745/http://investor.gateway.com/news/19991228-12782.htm

The Amiga patents remained with the Gateway subsidiary Amiga Development LLC.

Interesting side note:
    During the patent litigation (July 2004 to March 2006) of Amiga Development LLC vs. Hewlett Packard the former was renamed to AD Technologies LLC in 2004 or 2005. In 2006 AD Technologies LLC surrendered their no longer needed "Amiga" word and picture marks to Amiga Inc. in Germany and elsewhere. And meanwhile as is well known, Gateway, including the owner of the (by now expired?) Amiga patents AD Technologies LLC, belongs to Acer.

> Does he really have an agreement to license the name for X86 use?

He has an "Amiga" trademark license for keyboard computers according to Amiga Inc. I can't read anything about "x86" (or processor ISA in general) in the press release.

> Are they selling assets to raise capital (what assets do they have)?

Pluritas say so, at least. Regarding what assets Amiga Inc. allegedly have see above.

> Are they looking for investment capital (who would throw money into that)?

I'd say yes.

> What "enabling technologies" are they talking about?

My guess is AA2.
  • »03.11.10 - 19:08