• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    Quote:

recent videogames and high definition content, in my opinion, aren't absolute requirements

these are *my* requirements. And I can very well imagine that I'm not alone regarding these. In MorphOS realm, where I reside, there's plenty 1.5(+) GHz G4 hardware available

Ah, sure. But we're talking about future hardware, not present. A new computer that has chosen a "wrong" CPU just because it's fast, and MorphOS is useful on not fast computers. Fast computers are nice, but not at any cost, not to mention as the opening of a new era.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

an X1000 successor

Noticed the ROTFL of many at reading the last three words?

You can ROTFL as much as you want.

I think you didn't catch my sarcasm: That new computer barely exists, and yet one has to think about a succesor! That's a new twist on the "Osborne Syndrome"!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think PA6T will continue to be manufactured for some years to come, at least until mid-2011 (to mid-2013 maximum)

If only making a new computer would take half a year...

What does "half a year" refer to in context of PA6T availability?

I'm saying that, by the time you finish the new computer, the CPU will no longer be available.

Quote:

Quote:

I also remember Matt "Neko" Sealey saying the 970 was basically an expensive bitch

I think it wasn't so much for the price of the PPC970 CPU itself

Sure, my rude adjective applies to something that not only is expensive in itself, it also demands expensive companions...

By the way, in further posts, I'll use your classic quoting with the ">" sign, which is much more space-wise efficient than the standard one I've used. Heck, when quotes take more space than actual answers, there's something wrong!
  • »09.09.10 - 08:37