• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    Quote:

Do you really believe they are tring to make a crapload of money off of the X1000?

I think they won't even make ends meet on this. And obviously they don't thinks so themselves, hence the pre-payment scheme, even for *beta pre-release hardware*. But *I do* think it's obvious they have calculated on hefty profit margins per unit. Multiplied by dreams. And dreams are infinite...

What you said doesn't make sense. You say they don't think themselves they would make ends meet, then you say they priced in a hefty profit.

So which is it?

Sure, there may be some profit priced in (that is what business is about - making money), but I doubt it's hefty. It's probably enough to make a small return, and on the end user machines make enough so they can make some money and the dealers, too.

At least they most likely are not planning to lose money. But they have every right to make a profit.
    A4000/060/PPC-200MHz, A4000T/060/PPC-233MHz, CD32, MicroA1, Pegasos 2 G4, AMD Phenom Quad Core 2.5GHz, MacMini 1.5GHz/64MB VRam...mwwmwahhh :)
  • »04.09.10 - 02:29
    Profile Visit Website