• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Jim wrote:

Heck, Amigans can't even agree on what that would be.
    Should it be a continuation of the original chipset (a la Natami)

Personally, I think the Natami is very interesting. For some "nerdy" POV only. I will probably buy one, when (if) it gets released.

However, I realize that it offers:
    1) more than the retro crowd would require (hence it's not suitable for this crowd), and
    2) less than the "NG" crowd requires (hence it's not suitable for this crowd either)

"Stuck in the middle"...

Quote:

a PPC based system

At least some key MorphOS developers acknowledge that PPC wouldn't be the choice today if they had known back then what they know now...

But under the current circumstances, the optimal decision would be to support the best of the most widely spread PPC hardware out there.

Which the MorphOS team obviously aims to do.

I couldn't agree more! :-)

Quote:

(under AOS4 or MorphOS)

Well, that's the question, isn't it?

The OS created by some of the people responsible for taking Amiga beyond "a 68k based games console with a keyboard" (RTG, PPC, USB, MUI, RTA, and so on), the fastest, most Amiga compatible OS with the best features, *or* the OS created by the twin brothers taking a crash course in OS design on their local university, utilizing *the left-over* Amiga standards, incorporating Linux bloat as soon as they can, etc. Hmm, difficult decision...? I think not...

Quote:

or a new system using industry standard X86 components?

What we are talking about (in the recent threads about "Commodore Amiga"), is really *the regular AROS system*, right? "PC", yeah? What's new?

The new thing is that the regular AROS system (if AROS will be made to support this particular HW) could now be called Commodore Amiga!

Personally, I have absolutely *ZERO* problems with that! I emotionally abandoned those brands a decade ago, but I would think it to be cool if some new Amiga product would materialize using these brands! :-)

Nothing that would affect my views and devotions to MorphOS though! :-)

Quote:

These issues don't really phase me.

No?

Quote:

I'm using MorphOS, not as much for its Amiga roots, as for the fact that I like the OS on its own merits.

:bloons:

Quote:

Hell, I'm convinced we have a lot of really intelligent head cases in the Amiga community (some of them I'd even consider friends).

:bloons: :bloons: :bloons:

:pint:

Quote:

But it does make for good theater, doesn't it?

Bring on the popcorn!

:-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »04.09.10 - 01:27