• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Back to get out the popcorn.
    Yes, I freely admit that my message to him was pretty unpleasant. I make no excuses for my intense dislike of one of his business associates, Bill McEwen (at Amiga Inc.).
    And I don't think it had sunken in yet that this development didn't really matter to me. I use Windows, OSX, Linux, and MorphOS, but nothing I use carries an Amiga moniker.
    I'm not one of the foolish people that think there's going to be some resurrection from the dead for the Amiga platform. Heck, Amigans can't even agree on what that would be.
    Should it be a continuation of the original chipset (a la Natami), a PPC based system (under AOS4 or MorphOS), or a new system using industry standard X86 components?

These issues don't really phase me. I'm using MorphOS, not as much for its Amiga roots, as for the fact that I like the OS on its own merits.

Hell, I'm convinced we have a lot of really intelligent head cases in the Amiga community (some of them I'd even consider friends). But it does make for good theater, doesn't it?
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »03.09.10 - 18:14