Topic is Locked
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

all I use is free of rights and broadcasting on the net and found no distinguishing name creation.

I am afraid you are wrong on various levels.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travail_d%C3%A9riv%C3%A9

"Loeuvre derivee est la propriete de l'auteur qui l'a realisee, sous reserve des droits de l'auteur de loeuvre initiale. Il est donc necessaire d'obtenir l'autorisation de l'auteur de loeuvre initiale..." (French special characters had to be removed.)

France has signed the Convention de Berne that specifies that copyright holders do not need to specify a name (prominently or otherwise) in order to benefit from copyright protection. Au contraire, anybody who wishes to use somebody else's work must investigate whether this work is public domain or may be used freely under certain conditions. If somebody refuses to do so, he risks do something illegal.

Quote:

The logos are there to remind us what can be found on this site

If it was just about a single logo somewhere on a website, I would not have bothered to say anything at all. I had hoped you yourself would be able to remember where you took artwork from and what you actually created yourself from scratch that can be seen and / or downloaded from your website...
  • »19.08.10 - 16:42
Topic is Locked