• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Thanks Zylesea. I could live without those two items and would buy MorphOS2.x for the PowerBook today (actually after the first of the month) if it were released with the understanding that the WLAN and 3D driver for the 9700 Mobility video card would be completed at some time in the future.

Also, I have this question; the 9700 Mobility in the G4 PowerBook comes in both 64mb and 128mb varieties. Are both supported by the same driver, or is a separate driver required for the 128mb 9700 Mobility video card?

I have a DEAD 1GHz G4 PowerBook (last of the Titanium cases before switching to Aluminum cases) that I thought about getting fixed, but will probably get a newer PowerBook so I can have the 128mb 9700 Mobility video card and latest ports available on the last production run of 15.2" or 17.1" PowerBooks.

Edit: @Divinity & Jim, I wonder if the 3rd party 1.8GHz G4 for the PowerMac will be able to compete with the 1.6GHz to 1.8GHz X1000? Given the performance advantage of MorphOS2.5 over AmigaOS4.1.2 on the same Pegasos2 system, even if the X1000 is technically faster than a G4 PowerMac, I wonder how the two will compare against each other on many different speed test tasks? Currently I am a MorphOS users and like it very much, but if AmigaOS4.x ever surpasses MorphOS in areas that are important to me, I have no problem switching to using which ever is the best system (as long as they are both priced reasonably, which MorphOS obviously has a huge advantage with at the moment). This isn't a religion for me and I am not hung up on who currently owns a name and trademark. I just want the most fun from my Amiga experience. :lol:

[ Edited by amigadave on 2010/7/25 18:15 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »26.07.10 - 01:05