• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    One minor thing I have found with PAk_Ultimate_1.6.0 is that the diretory (drawer) structure is fixed.

Since I've now copied most things over to the locations I like them in, there are a few issues:

Polyglot has problems - looking at the polynet_ng file in the WBstartup drawer (using ED) I see there are lots of paths already fixed (absolute paths). Additionally, the polynet_ng icon is set to open with a default tool (also set with an absolute path).

The Add_Startup script also uses absolute paths.

Would it be achieveable to have these set up using assigns?
    A relatively simple script could then be used to ask the user to set the assigns appropriately during the installation, which would then be used to create the Add_startup polynet_ng files in the WBstartup drawer appropriately (only a few of the programs supplied depend upon these files.

Additionally, is AmiSSL required? The built-in stack seems to support all SSL sites which I've visited so far.

Additionally, what is the purpose of the following script (in Add_Startup)?

Quote:

If Exists sys:applications/showgirls/showgirls
    delete >nil: sys:applications/showgirls all
    delete >nil: sys:applications/showgirls.info
    EndIf

(This would appear to delete showgirls upon every startup, unless I'm confused...)

Additionally, the font installation script for OWB errored out midway through (failed to unpack one of the fonts). could have been a problem with my individual download (corrupted file), but may be a problem with the availablility of the source...

I hope the above is helpful, the pack itself is fantastic - so many utilities & programs which I probably may never have known about otherwise.

Many thanks for everyone's (Papiosaur & all contributors) hard work.

EDIT: Clarity
    EDIT: Correction: references to polyglot should be polynet_ng

[ Edited by boot_wb on 2010/7/30 18:05 ]
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »30.07.10 - 17:01
    Profile Visit Website