• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    Just looking at the script at the link, I can see some more errors in the paths:
    MorphOS:Utils (firstly this volume/assign does not exist by default, and if its refering to sys:MorphOS, then the Sys:MorphOS/Utils drawer does not exist either.
    Sys:Apps/ (should be sys:applications)
    Morphtris is not the the application drawer, but in sys:games
    Voyager is also in those prefs, but not in the pack.

I have stopped using PolyNet anyway, and using the inbuilt panels instead. I find PolyNet ackward to configure, and sometimes a bit buggy. (try to resize some of those icons and you probably know what I mean). Also I found it slightly annoying that this app always was the active one after a restart. Sometimes after restarting and the first thing to do I wanted to access the Ambient top menu, but instead the Polynet menues are active. Not a big deal, you just have to click somewhere on the workbenh first, but still annoying.
    I find the panels are easy to configure and have drag'n drop. They could have a transparent option to make them look better,and perhaps some more functions, but you cant have it all:)

The icons in the pack looks very professional, giving the impression of multiple layers of transparency on top of each other. Very cool. But my first impression is that they are a bit dark, so for now I use the icons from the old pack. Maybe its the monitor that I'm on now that have some of the blame.

So what I did for now, is to check folder by folder to se what is new, and then I have copied some new programs that are added, and the updated libraries and MUI classes. I dont want to do a full overwrite of everything I have, because thers might be settings and changes that I have made that I dont want to loose.

Edit: removed a comment about Morphtris.

[ Edited by amyren on 2010/7/7 14:20 ]
  • »07.07.10 - 11:14