Stuck screen mode and strange Ambient behaviour
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    insurgent
    Ok, here's what happened.

I had FryingPan crash that required rebooting the whole system. After reboot, the screen resolution was down to 800x600 from the one I set at 1280x1024 (24-bit). The Preferences only show in Mode List the resolution and colour depth that I have set previously i.e. 1280x1024, 24-bit. The Use button is disabled regardless of what I select. If I click on Save button, the screen will get jumbled up and requires reboot.

What's even more troubling is that I can't close any windows because when I take pointer to window title bar, it changes to pointer for moving window, including when I hover over any controls in the title bar i.e. close window, move to background/foreground, etc.

I have tried to add new screen modes but regardless of what I do, it always boots into this low resolution mode which I cannot change.

UPDATE: After some some time (I haven't done anything) the window controls got back to normal. I rebooted and I'm now back into screen mode that I have used previously. I don't know what happened but everything is back to normal.

[ Edited by insurgent on 2010/4/26 0:15 ]
    Registered MOS 2.7 + Pack Ultimate 1.6.2 running on:
    Power Mac G4 FW800 1.42GHz 2GB / Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB / SB Live! / NEC USB 2.0 / SuperDrive
    Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz 1GB / 64MB VRAM / SuperDrive
    Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP 1920x1200
    PowerBook G4 ready :-)
  • »25.04.10 - 12:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    I had a similar behaviour some time ago - reason was a damaged data-structure on harddisk. Some errors could be repaired by SFS itself and the system was again running stable after a reboot. A little bit later there occurs new errors and SFS couldn't repair it any more (even SFS-Doctor not) - so i formated SYS-Partition and reeinstalled my system - now its ok......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »26.04.10 - 10:40