• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Well, it will be interesting to see if Trevor Dickinson can learn from his first experience in creating a new computer and make huge improvements in keeping his costs down by avoiding delays and choosing more economical components. Also, will he be able to create a low cost, low power design that will be appealing to hundreds, or thousands of remaining, or returning former Amiga users, to generate enough sales to make a profit from this second effort. I was frankly surprised when he announced at last year's AmiWest Show that he was working on a new design, again with Varisys. I thought that he would back away from designing computers for the tiny Amiga market after the losses he sustained with the X1000 project. Since he has decided to go forward with a second design, I can only conclude that he has seen new information that has given him more hope that his second attempt will be more financially successful than the X1000 has been, as I do not think that Trevor has any hopes that he will ever recoup his investment in the X1000, or if he is even going to try, since he has already stated that he is not making any profit for himself from the X1000 (at least not with the "First Contact" systems). I admire his dedication to the Amiga community and his optimism about the Amiga market. When he does release another product, I hope it will make him a profit and not be a donation to the users who buy it, some of whom can sometimes be ungrateful and very critical without a complete understanding of all that went into the creation of a new computer design.

No matter what his critics say, or write about him and the X1000, I will always support him and his efforts, and wish him all the best in what ever he comes up with in the future. I for one will be listening/reading intently, when his next announcement(s) is/are made.

Good Luck Trevor!

[ Edited by amigadave 08.05.2012 - 11:44 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »08.05.12 - 22:32