• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > so this page appears to have been created quite
    > a while ago (if it lists products TBA 2010).

As I wrote back in September already, the first presentation I encountered containing this very roadmap page is from August 2010. But yes, it may be even older.

> what you're referencing may indicate that the move away from Titan
    > was anticipated earlier than I thought.

We simply don't know when that roadmap page was created originally. We could assume it's from when Titan/Gemini was still vivid. This would mean that the 40 nm processors could be shrinked Titan cored ones. After all, Applied Micro knew that 40 nm production would become cheaper over time so that at some point in time there wouldn't be the need for going 90 nm for cost reasons any more. But then, why have such a very much obsoleted roadmap in a presentation from as recent as February 2011?
    One the other hand, we could assume the roadmap page is from after Titan/Gemini had been ditched. This would mean that the 40 nm processors are from the PPC465 cored PacketPro family, starting with Mamba. But then, why have Titan/Gemini on a roadmap when it had been ditched and never took off as a real product (except from sampling, that is)?
    As you see, it doesnt make sense either way. Or did I miss anything?
  • »10.02.11 - 21:04