• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Jim schrieb:
    I could see an ARM board for about $150.
    Andreas, myself, and many others have been discussing ARM for a while.

I wasn't speaking of ARM boards (I know about them and discussed ARM boards and MorphOS since years here already ...). I am talking about a potential ultra cheap ppc board that might get some tinkering momentum just *like* the popular cheap ARM boards. But weaker and cheaper.
    50 US$ for 400MHz, inbuild gfx, 256 (even better: 512) MB RAM, usb, eth, sd slot - all on a few square cm. With the 5125 this is pretty possible.
    Cheap stuff for your hobby, that's the way forward. Not some exclusive überexpensive elitist stuff that again isn't up to date but eventually stuck in some midclass level.

Anyway, with the upcoming QorIQs (I advocate them here since a quite long time) PPC may have a very last chance, but this is quite another story and I don't see any producer picking them up for a GP board. *If* there would be a significant tinker scene already, demand for a GP QorIQ Txxxx board could be imaginable though. Hence my thoughts about an ultra cheap ppc board which I wrote about here and elsewhere several times already...

[ Editiert durch Zylesea an 2011/1/31 1:52 ]
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »31.01.11 - 00:31
    Profile Visit Website