• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > established contacts with company reps, obtained price quotess,
    > did at least some preliminary design work.
    > Andreas is more familiar with this than I am. I spent time on inquiries
    > with I BM and Freescale and went so far as to start the design of an
    > MPC8640 based system

I don't quite understand. What is it that you think I'm more familiar with than you?

Sorry, haste fequently makes my posts unclear. Of course I only mentioned some of what I'd done. But you were familiar with both the proposed 8610 system and my work.

Plus you're much better than me a remembering timelines and specific details (ie the price Matt paid for his evaluation board).
    So, what I meant was for a general overview of the period these ideas were still floating around/under consideration, you might be better at providind a holistically consise summary.

What I have, is a less accurate memory, and a lot of technical print outs, notebooks filled with specific lists of pin functions, equivalents between Uli and ATI Southbridge components, and notes related to a huge variety of specific comsiderations (too long to summarize here).
    As well as the beginning entries/files for circuit layout.

In essence, I feel comfotable with the technology, but feel you are a better speaker/writer (even if english is my first language and a secondary one for you) than I am. I value accurate, concise explanations.

[ Edited by Jim on 2010/12/31 11:47 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »31.12.10 - 11:44