• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Addendum:

> To my surprise, the roadmap on page 16 still contains the Titan core based "Gemini"
    > (APM83290), which had been semi-officially declared dead one month before. Strange.

It gets even better. I really don't know what to make out of this:

------------------------------
    Allan Mishan - Brigantine Advisors
    Okay and then on the Titan products, when you expect to ship production revenue? I know that that was originally supposed to be happening sometime in the second half of this calendar year. I don't know if you can get more specific on that.

Bob Gargus - Applied Micro Circuits Corporation - CFO
    So we had said all along that we didn't think it would start shipping for revenue until the December quarter. I think it's still the December/March quarter roughly before we start to see revenue from that.

Paramesh Gopi - Applied Micro Circuits Corporation - President and CEO
    Yep.

------------------------------
    http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/711065/000119312510177397/dex992.htm (transcript of Applied Micro's first quarter 2011 earnings conference call in late July 2010, i.e. several weeks *after* abandonment of Titan was reported)

It doesn't make any sense to me. Are these answers from the conference call together with the most recent product roadmap presentation just a part of a farce to keep their investors and shareholders happy and the analysts favourable by deluding them? Or is Titan really still alive?
  • »24.09.10 - 23:35