• vox
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    vox
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I would like to see A-eon [...] introduce an X6500 with an e6500 cored cpu.

I believe that may be the plan anyway, as successor to the X5000 (and probably with a different name).

Well, thread has gone to AEON Cyrus boards, but please do update it with any SAM460 and MorphOS news, when related.

On the AEON topic (maybe should be separated) as far as I do remember Trevor stated in Obligment interview "- Are the ports of Linux, AROS and MorphOS are possible on the AmigaOne X1000 ? Will you encourage this ?

While I personally have no objection to other Operating Systems being ported to the A1-X1000 our main aim is to provide a modern power platform to showcase the advanced features of AmigaOS. The A1-X1000 has been developed specifically to run AmigaOS 4 and will be supplied with AmigaOS 4 from the beginning. However, we certainly won't discourage people who want to port other Operating Systems to the new hardware."

Which generally means that IF MorphOS team decides (Before going ARM, x64 or whatever) that e.g. Cyrus is viable and avail platform, faster and modern then G4 and G5 Macs (where AmigaOne X1000 failed mainly because of CPU choice) in despite of price, they can support it too.

From discussion, solely as new and modern PPC board Cyrus does generate interest. And what would be most interesting to see is MorphOS fully supporting such boards before AmigaOS 4.x :-) At the other hand, like with SAM460ex, some audio and gfx drivers development to PCI-E cards would be overall benefitial for development of OS.

As usual, just theoretical talk. But its good to see Trevor publishes MorphOS related news on his blog too and updates it regularly.
    ------------------------------------------
    iMac G5 1GB with MorphOS and MacOS X
    Lame PC with AmiKit XE
    YT channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHl_msNWHEVPf229h_gijQ
    Telegram Amiga group: https://t.me/amigaranchorelaxo
  • »09.08.14 - 13:52