• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

itix wrote:
    Quote:

vox wrote:

Now, back to SAM460ex:

- Will Onboard SATA be supported and is there a way to split it to two devices? Crazy thing is that onboard SATA when DMA is used is quite fast, faster then SATA card

If you have (as you stated in another post in another thread) your SATA card in a conventional 32-bit, 33 MHz PCI slot, you are AFAIK limited to a theoretical max bandwidth of 133 MB/s, for all units simultaneously used in total. (Link)

The theoretical max bandwidth of SATA rev 2 (that supposedly is on the Sam 460 motherboard) is 300 MB/s. (Link)

So if there is a noticable speed difference, it's not *that* crazy IMHO. ;-)

Quote:

SATA splitters don't exist. It just isnt possible to build one.

I completely agree in what you are saying, and IMHO you are de-facto correct, but if the key word is instead "SATA Multiplyer", then Google will point you to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_multiplier

And: "Many common controllers do not support this feature,[1] as it is not a requirement for a SATA controller.[2]"

Quote:

Quote:

-Will FPGA Be usable under MOS and do you have any ideas of its use?

Nope. And IIRC SAM is using FPGA internally for something making it difficult for reprogramming.

True, I believe I got an answer from Max Tretene of Acube at one point over at Amiga.org, stating that the FPGA de-facto is some kind of internal glue logic to make it all work, and that it can not be used as some kind of "MiniMig" or whatever custom feature people would imagine when seeing the "FPGA" sign. ;-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »07.03.14 - 23:01