• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I didn't say "port done" would imply to think about (and actually *do*)
    > future ports. [...] the "port one" part of my sentence was primarily focused
    > to those ppl who don't take what's available now, but project everything
    > into a coming future

Then it seems that you didn't say what you meant. You wrote:

"currently Apple G4s are the better target (port done, cheap, powerful enough) than a PS3."

You clearly used "port done" as a point for G4 Macs and against PS3. But as I said that's a non-argument really in a discussion about whether a port to PS3 makes sense or not. And that *currently* G4 Mac is better than PS3 for running MorphOS is a truism because *currently* MorphOS doesn't run on PS3 at all (which in turn is the sole reason this very thread exists).

> the workbook for the foreseeable future seems to be well filled:
    > Powerbook and G5. I think there's no room for more hardwrae
    > support for the next couple of month (now to 48 months).

In the context of what's needed to port an OS a fully hacked PS3 would be no more different from G4 Mac than G5 Mac is. I guess the people who want to see MorphOS on PS3 would have no problem with seeing it instead of (rather than additionally to) MorphOS on G5 Mac.
    Btw, you think that MorphOS for G5 Macs will only come in 4 years time? I really hope it will be there sooner.

> you enjoy the mini probably as much as I do

You betcha :-)

> this attitude "I don't buy now because in two more weeks (tm) comes
    > something much more potent " is what this micro market hurts quite a bit.

That's surely not the case here because even before pega-1's statement there was no indication that a port to PS3 is even considered in the slightest way by the MorphOS Team, quite to the contrary. Else this very thread wouldn't exist. But I can easily imagine there're people delaying the purchase of a MorphOS license waiting for the G5 Mac port to appear ;-)
  • »24.10.10 - 18:59