• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Re - "dung" - Java, Javascript, pretty much anything related to Oracle.
    "The number one programming language" - I guess they are discounting C in that equation.
    Ever since Oracle obtained Solaris, their developments have been pretty underwhelming.
    And I guess I'm still pissed at the "we're taking our ball and going home" attitude that lead to the dissolution of OpenSolaris.

Plus, other than Flash, Java software is related to more of my hardware crashes than any other software package.

Outside of addressing that issue, I don't see too much I completely disagree with you on.

The kernel will probably be the most difficult part of the port, since its likely to be done completely with assembly.

And I guess it would be difficult to demo a work in progress port without the core component.

Also, who is working on the kernel is anyone's guess, I try not to ask pointed questions like that anymore.

Oh, and I believe Frank did some of the work on the SAM460 port. A thorough knowledge of video drivers doesn't prevent someone from applying his talent elsewhere.

In any case, I stand by my position that the current fork should continue to receive maintenance and updates.

[ Edited by Jim 15.12.2016 - 15:14 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »15.12.16 - 11:18