• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    Sorry this took so long...

I've been working on the trashcan functionality for a couple of weeks now. What's working is the actual backend that moves files around and does all the bookkeeping. I'm currently working on the filesystem part - the Trashcan volume already shows up in Ambient, but it's a lot more work to have this fully functional - the idea is that all trashed files will be available within the Trashcan: volume (read-only). Once the fs part is done, Ambient will need to have trash support added.

The plan is to have something ready for a betatest before the end of this year.

Great news, but sad to read that it is so much more work for you than I had at first guessed it would be. I'm now thinking that your time could have been, and would still be, in the near future, better used on other parts of the OS, or on some part of the move to x64 hardware. I am sure the small amount funded for this work to be done (1/2 by me basically just to shut up some other complaining member here), was only a tiny fraction of what your time has been worth to do this work.

[ Edited by amigadave 13.12.2016 - 13:27 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »13.12.16 - 22:23