• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

itix wrote:
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    As long as it's kept optional. I hate the trashcans on other systems where it just doubles the work (first delete the file + empty the trashcan, or pressing several (sometimes cryptic) keys instead of just pressing del key to remove files without putting them to thrashcan).

For me it's more comfortable to use .recycled/.deldir solution, which is completely automatic and also stores the files deleted by system/programs. I'm not sure if I've ever had to restore any files deleted by myself, at least my deletions go 99.99% correctly and trashcan style solution isn't needed in practise :)

It would work better if the oldest files were deleted from trashcan automatically, lets say after 30 days.

Trashcan also will take space on the HD, and at least I have HDs full all the time, can't imagine I could fit removed archives/music/videos there :) .recycled/.deldir purges its contents in that kind of situations automatically, but that can't probably be implemented to this kind of trashcan we're talking, because it makes a user to assume that files are there until manually (or timedly) emptied... or at least there should be a requester asking if it's ok to purge it in that situation :)
  • »05.08.15 - 09:52
    Profile Visit Website