• ASiegel
    Quote:

Condor wrote:
    I just don't understand... Just like many of you I hate Trashcan. I hate that I
    must delete with shift + del on win machine (always)

Right-click on the trashcan icon, choose "Properties", switch to the "General" tab and check the "Don´t move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted" option.

It´s one of the first things I set up after doing a clean installation of Windows (if it is to be used by mself anyway).

Quote:

and on MacOs X I dont even known how to del files without 2 passes, one to send files in trash, and second to, delete the trash. Just stupid waste of time...

There are various third-party solutions available. One of the most convenient ones can be found in the Apple App Store and costs 99 cents: Trash Without

Quote:

After 20 years of use Amiga systems I never used Trashcan...

The idea is to make MorphOS more comfortable to use for users who either have never had decades of experience using AmigaOS or, for better or for worse, have simply got used to some useability aspects of certain mainstream operating systems.

While I personally prefer the alternative, I do see the merits of the traditional trashcan approach as well.

Quote:

Maybe its better to use resorce to make sync usb stack in Mos instead of wasting resources on stupid trashcan. I thinking loud as all time MorphOs user and why is not enough to have filesystem like .recycled dir. Do we have to be Mac or Win, because if we have to be, its better for me to switch on something without stupid Trash and proper USB stuck. It's up to MorphOs Team....

I think this is a case of false equivalence. While development of the USB stack and development of a trashcan feature for Ambient are both programming challenges, the developer who would work on one may not be available, trained or motivated to work on the other. So, reallocating funds from a project that is guarantueed to be completed quickly if it is funded, to an entirely different project does not mean that both will produce comparable results in terms of active development or just generally produce similar interest among developers.
  • »01.08.15 - 15:21