• ASiegel
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    If you will set up the bounty, I will pay it. Not that it is a feature that I need or really want, but I am sure that I might get some use from it some time in the future.

This is a very generous offer but by saying this, you take away the incentive for others to contribute before any fundraising has even started. For comparison, announcing to match all donations collected during a specific time period (a week, a month) would involve other donors, who do want and do need this feature, and incentivize them do contribute soon in order to double the impact of their contribution. If the total is not reached by a certain date, you could still offer to pay any missing funds.

Quote:

And not that I have a lot of disposable income, as I live month to month on my small retirement income since being forced into an early retirement because of my failed back surgeries.

I am sorry your trip to France did not result in what you had hoped for. I was wondering what had happened after you posted about it here on MorphZone.

Quote:

I just HATE to see any members question any of our MorphOS Dev. Team members who have given us so much, when one of them offers to provide a requested feature, but wants a (very small) bounty amount to pay for his spare time expended.

There is nothing wrong with questioning as long as it is done politely. Just like there is nothing wrong with making an offer to all of those who might be willing to contribute financially so they can use a particular feature in the near future.
  • »01.08.15 - 08:11