• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    But personally I don't really think that it's proper to ask for bounty-money for implementing rather simple user-wanted features of the OS itself. As you say, it's an easy job, and you aren't asking for much at all.

Listen, the reason I'm asking for a bounty is due to several reasons:

- that project would be extra work not related to what I actually do in MorphOS these days
    - easy doesn't mean it wouldn't take a quite a bit of time
    - I need to justify the extra hours to my wife (and that one is most important)
    - the registrations aren't for salaries
    - my code in Ambient would have to be GPL and I despise GPL :)

If you will set up the bounty, I will pay it. Not that it is a feature that I need or really want, but I am sure that I might get some use from it some time in the future. And not that I have a lot of disposable income, as I live month to month on my small retirement income since being forced into an early retirement because of my failed back surgeries.

I just HATE to see any members question any of our MorphOS Dev. Team members who have given us so much, when one of them offers to provide a requested feature, but wants a (very small) bounty amount to pay for his spare time expended.

For that reason, I will pay the bounty as soon as it is set up. If I can't pay it all right away because I will be away from home for a few weeks and can't get my next retirement check, I will pay part now and the rest as soon as I get home to deposit my Aug. retirement check.

Edit: I think many users forget that our dev. team members are getting a little older now and have changing responsibilities (like families, or more demanding jobs), which can make it harder to find spare time to write code for MorphOS, or any MorphOS compatible software.

[ Edited by amigadave 31.07.2015 - 18:48 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.08.15 - 03:40