• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    mihailod
    @Fab: you can easily open a free dummy MobileMe account and use it for 60 days. Then you create a new one for more 60 days and keep testing if needed, etc:

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/pricing

EDIT: and, Fab, imagine adding to the OWB 1.6.2 (or 1.7) the following line:
    * now with full Apple MobileMe support ;-)

Only if you decided to keep using it more than 60 days, only then you have to pay for additional 12 months.

More SimpleMail reflections:

- I hate brute-forcing problems. And I had to brute-force this basically trying all possible combinations of settings. There was no way to relate "RCPT failed" to not using SMTP auth even after digging on Google

- On top of this, SSL auth still won't work (maybe it simply can't and, yes, I installed AmiSSL) so my "use secure login" (if I remember correctly) checkbox is unchecked which means SimpleMail is sending my password in plaintext over the network... so arguably it's dangerous to use.

-Another thing is, I looked into SimpleMail preferences on disk and it saves password in plaintext in a file -- again a big no-no, it should be at least in some way hashed or encrypted...

[ Edited by mihailod on 2010/1/19 9:00 ]
  • »19.01.10 - 16:55