• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I don't know what the activity levels for MorphOS related sites were like prior to MorphOS2.0 was released, but since I started looking around here just before 2.0 was released, things appear to have picked up ten fold.

1. I hope this trend continues for all of this year.

2. I hope that the MorphOS Dev. Team completes ports of MorphOS for the G4 PowerMac, G4 eMac, G4 PowerBook and G4 iBook models before the end of the first quarter of 2010.

3. I hope that once more Mac models are supported by MorphOS, most of the AmigaOS4.x camp will see that their OS of choice is virtually the same as MorphOS, except MorphOS is free to try, runs on faster and much cheaper hardware, and they decide to take the time to find out for themselves all the advantages MorphOS has to offer them.

4. Someone here once suggested that an AmigaOS4.x theme for MorphOS should be put together so it could be shown to current AmigaOS4.x users during demo's of MorphOS to show them that they do not have to give up anything, should they decide to make the switch to MorphOS from AmigaOS4.x. If this theme has not already been created, I hope that someone with a Pegasos2 running both AmigaOS4.x and MorphOS2.4, will create such a theme for MorphOS2.x.

5. I hope that I can do some serious learning of programming languages and techniques over the next 6 months, so that I might contribute some valuable code to several projects before the end of this coming year.

6. By the end of 2010 I hope that all ports of MorphOS to G4 Mac models is completed and the MorphOS Dev. Team can devote more time toward thinking about the next step and decide if that step will be the discontinued G5 and ports to the G5 PowerMac and other G5 Linux computer designs, Cell processor designs (haven't heard anything in this direction for a long time), to the 8610 and/or 8640 CPU design mobo's, or the larger step to a different architecture, like the ARM, or x86.

52 minutes left in this year from the time zone I sit in. I hope it has been an okay year for all of you, but more than that, I hope next year will be a better year for all of us.

Best regards,

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/12/31 22:58 ]

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/12/31 23:00 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.01.10 - 05:57