• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Another year is starting now. A good opportunity to speculate around a bit. So what are your expectations for 2010 in butterflyland?

My highest personal hope is support for the powerbook, probably late in 2010. Also I hope the 8610 board thing wil lead to something. Support fot the PowerMac was confirmed already, so we will see MorphOS on more computers in future.
    I hope the useerbase will increase significantly. in 2010
    Also I hope Fab will continue his brilliant work on MPlayer & OWB. Really two gems of software! I also hope for an update of Hollywood that supports MUI (but I doubt this will come). For showgirls I would like to see another update in 2010 which brings a better slideshow function and the possibility to use effects on selected areas (a free hand tool would be great). Also I hope Yomgui will continue his excellent work on Python and Blender.
    If I am not too lazy I will probably contribute to the great pool of MorphOS software myself with some rather boring app in 2010.

I think if 2010 follows the path taken in 2008 and 2009 it will be a good year. The last two years were quite good IMHO (the 2.x release, OWB, Mac mini support), only dissappointing thing was the rather slow increase of the user base.
    On the long term I expect a migration of MorphOS to another ISA beside PPC, but I don't expect a release for x86 or ARM (or #?) still in 2010, but rather in 2012 or 2011. But I hope Laire at al. are working on a migration behind the curtain already.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »31.12.09 - 09:36
    Profile Visit Website