• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Hmm, I was under the impression that close to 1000 licenses were sold, my mistake. That and you have to take into consideration the support and whatever money was used to develop up to 1.5 through Genese, and I dont want to hear they didnt get any or its still owed. They got help and support. So you cant take that into your figures. I am talking purely 2.0 sales here.

In any case you can all decide to do what you want, I wont pay $255 for an OS thats purely for hobbyists currently. This community is the ones that spread the word on mos, we do the marketing, we show it off, and we keep it alive by those actions. For the team to charge what they do currently I do not see as a fair price. If they started to do all the pushing themselves, pay for demos and shows then I will change my mind. They can make the best OS in the world, but if people dont use it what good is it. Corporate greed has taken over and they no longer care about making something they love but something they can make money off of. More power to them, but at least admit to that, dont sugar coat it with some BS about them deserving something back, they have had tons of support and offers of money in the past and wouldnt take it, now they want a huge chunk of it all at once.

[ Edited by Acill on 2009/10/29 21:55 ]
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »30.10.09 - 04:55
    Profile Visit Website