• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DiskDoctor
    Quote:

HammerD wrote:
    @DiskDoctor

It's not fair to exclude your original cost of the Mac Mini from your calculation. Even if you "already had" it, you still paid for it at some point, so you should include that cost.

I sincererly disagree. Getting an Amiga system price is the ADDITIONAL price that you must spend, basing on your own supplies. I do not include internet connection price because I already have one anyway (BTW mine is free of charge, bad example maybe). But I DO NOT include my monitor since again, I'm having and using one. If I had Amiga 1200 and wanted AmigaOS4, I would INCLUDE Blizzard/Cyberstorm card price, plus the licence, and exclude the rest likewise.

So it is fair to me because it is a common procedure, e.g. in business, like cost of an income (not sure the exact naming), anyway that's correct to me. If someone doesn't have the Mini, he or she should include it. Same about display etc.

This all above is suggesting a statement which is close to be true, that MorphOS for Mini PPC is and should be MAINLY targetted at the current Mini PPC owners (they save 300$ on HW which is quite a decision factor here, isn't it?).

Quote:

So, what did you pay for the Mac Mini originally?

Well, the usual price, I got one in December 2005 I guess (there was a huge discount, for a certain reason). Anyway it was that mid-range spec, so no superdrive, no analog modem, 80GB HDD, WiFi stuff, 512MB RAM, 64MB GFX (I guess but ain't sure, gotta check it someday).

And it was roughly 600 Eur back then (I'm using current factor which is 4.2:1, must be different back then so slightly cheaper). Plus keyboard plus mouse but that's peripherials.
    Was: Mac Mini PPC running MorphOS 2.4
    Now: Amiga Forever 2010 with AmiKit and AmigaSYS
    Not used: Icaros Desktop 1.2 (reason: no wifi)
    Planned soon: an OS4 system
    Shortly then: a MOS notebook (wifi is a must-have)
  • »29.10.09 - 18:38