Order of the Butterfly
    DiskDoctor
    Didn't manage to read the whole thread.

To me 150 Eur is OK. But I'm subjective here. My costs:
    - Mini PPC: zero euro (got one already)
    - Edimax wifi2ethernet dongle: 20 Eur
    - License (when my network connection becomes more stable) 150 Eur
    ======
    Total: 170 Eur to get a working Amiga system (one of the two actually, I won't get into discussion here, just worth mentioning that the next achievable item would be OS4 Sam, for weigh more than 500 Euro as far as I know so 3 x as much).

In terms of honesty... I posted my statement already, not sure wheather here. My point is that MOS is an OS, comparable in pricing to Windows7 or OSX. Linux is free but... well linux is linux. So my point is that morphos price sustains an expected price for an OS. Which makes it pretty fair.

Another issue is - how many geeks like people having Minis, unix coders etc. would get MOS to play with (wheather they had amiga or not)... dunno. The price ISN'T VERY attractive for those. I guess some people would get it just for curiousity (150 Eur for a geek is not much for such an appetite :-)). But those will not be majorityof the potential "buyers" (as defined by "zero price" assumption).

Fortunately really, all Mac people I know (including myself) are used to buying all software they find important. Let us all hope they will find MorphOS as much important as any other software they already got.
    Was: Mac Mini PPC running MorphOS 2.4
    Now: Amiga Forever 2010 with AmiKit and AmigaSYS
    Not used: Icaros Desktop 1.2 (reason: no wifi)
    Planned soon: an OS4 system
    Shortly then: a MOS notebook (wifi is a must-have)
  • »28.10.09 - 19:34