amigadave
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    Quote:

Jambalah wrote:
    Quote:

All prices excluding local taxes and shipping costs

:-)

So whats your point? Its still way cheaper and you get a CD and a box. For the price of MOS they should send you a gold coin and a slice of damn German Chocolate cake!

What the MOSTeam should do and could do, or will do ......... Stop and think about how many hours have gone into MOS2.x and how many people have worked on it, then divide that number into the total of approx. 650 to 700 licenses and you will see that they are working for practically nothing.

Let's not get riled up or emotional about this. It is the right of the team to set the price at what ever they choose and then we all get to decide if we are willing to pay that price. We should not turn against the team, but rather try to rationally debate the reasons, or pros and cons of the current price point and let the team decide what, if any, adjustment should be made to their pricing policy. Personally I think the resistance to purchase at the 150 euro price is more psychological than it is financial, for most people. It is not that they can't save the money to buy it, they just think the price is out of touch with where they think it should be, so they won't buy and end up hurting any chance for the OS to continue development.

There are many reasons that I would like to see the license fee reduced to 99 euros (AmigaOS4.1 being sold at 105 euros is one of those reasons), but I am not going to withdraw my support of the MOSTeam, just because I disagree with their current price. You must admit that the price of MOS2.4 license, plus the cost of a used G4 MacMini is still an order of magnitude better than buying the slightly cheaper AmigaOS4.1 and the outrageously priced SAM440, plus a case, plus a graphics card, plus .....

And what do you have after spending 3 to 4 times as much money for the SAM440 system? You have a system that is new and an OS that comes in a nice box with a CD, but it runs probably 1/3 to 1/4 as fast as the MacMini w/MOS2.4. Also, try to run MacOSX Tiger or Leopard on your SAM440 and let me know how it turns out.

So yes, I would like to see a license fee reduction, but let us please keep this topic in perspective. The MacMini plus the full MOS2.4 license fee is still the best deal of any Amiga(-Like) system you can get.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/10/27 19:53 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »28.10.09 - 02:44