• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

amigagr wrote:
    no i won't register the macmini version. i will wait morphos 3.0 and only if they low the price.
    since then i'll be happy with the registered 2.x on my peg2 :roll:

You could consider finding someone that is potentially interested in MorphOS and sell them your Peg2 with it's license, then use part of the money you would get from such sale to purchase the license for your 1.5GHz G4 MacMini (which will run MOS2.4 almost twice as fast as your Peg2).

You get your license for the MacMini plus extra money in your pocket and you are able to run MorphOS2.x almost twice as fast as you could before. = Win!

Someone (maybe an AmigaOS4.1 user since many of them are interested in getting the Peg2 and comparing AOS4.1 to MOS2.4) who doesn't have a computer to run MorphOS on gets one with a license already loaded with the OS, the license key and a bunch of software already configured, which is a big help for any MorphOS newbie = Win!

The MorphOS Dev Team gets another registration fee to fund further work and an increase of the installed user base by one more person = Win!

Looks like a Win-Win-Win situation to me, what do you think of that idea?

The only downside I can see from that proposal is that you might also be an AmigaOS4.x user and don't want to get rid of the Peg2 because it is currently the only computer that will run both AOS4.x and MOS2.x.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/10/26 22:24 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »27.10.09 - 05:20