• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > there is a good chance that 2.5 will run on the eMac and PowerBook, and maybe
    > even the iBook.

No, unfortunately not. It was said that v2.5 probably won't support other Apple gear beside Mac mini.

Really!?!

I had not heard or read that anywhere. Since they already have a beta running on both the PowerBook and the eMac, it would only make sense that the next version would support those models. Or maybe the next version after that. Did you see, or hear something official that you can post a link to regarding this, or is this a rumor that someone started? Maybe someone from the Dev Team, or one of the beta testers?

I am sure many people will be disappointed to find out that no new Mac models will be supported in the 2.5 release version. Personally I am thrilled with v2.4 on my MacMini, but I was also hoping to put MorphOS on my 1GHz G4 PowerBook that I have not used in over a year (it is not currently working, but I will get it fixed as soon as MOS is announced, or released for it).

Please share where you got your information from and give us all the details that are known. (or rumored too I guess)

Edit: It is kind of scary for the future of this site and MorphOS when so many users start selling their compatible computers because they do not agree with the pricing of MOS, including even moderators on this site.

It would be nice if MOS licenses were discounted for previous owners/purchasers, people that have multiple MOS computers. It would also be nice to have someone from the Dev Team explain their reasoning for the current pricing and address some of the valid complaints, such as people that have multiple computers, or those people that wish to delete their license from one computer and transfer it to another. I know that all of this takes time to administer, which could be better used writing code for the next version of MOS, but I would be willing to bet that there are many users that would be happy to volunteer the time needed to administer such changes at no cost. I know that I would be willing to volunteer several hours each week toward any improvement to the current MOS licensing system. It sure would be better to have more open communication with the Dev Team, or if they would choose a person to disseminate information from and relay information and questions to the Dev Team from the users. I don't think it would cost the Dev Team more that 15 to 30 minutes of their time each week to do a conference call through Skype with this public relations officer person, who would then take his volunteered time to get the information from the team placed on the Amiga & Morph news and forum sites.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/10/25 22:55 ]

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/10/25 23:12 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »26.10.09 - 05:49