• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I am very confused, as I have now had days/nights where my download speeds for the G4 MacMini running MorphOS2.4 and using the exact same connection that I used for the previous tests which gave me up to 2Mb/sec have again dropped down to 0.5 to 15Kb/sec.

I did not change any of my hardware or cabling. I did not change the software I am using. I don't know why I would have such a drastic difference and would like to know if anyone on the MorphOS Development Team is having any of these download speed problems with their MorphOS2.4 computer setups?

Edit: Wondering if it might have been the site I was downloading from that was the problem I had earlier this week, I just visited the same three speedtest sites I used earlier in this thread and verified that my worst test result was 420+Kb/sec with my best test result from three attempts being almost 2Mb/sec. So I must conclude that slow download speeds on my G4 MacMini running MorphOS2.4 must be the fault of the sending server and not MorphOS2.4 itself. Although it may not like having my NetGear network switch between my Linksys wrt54g wireless router/switch and the Mini's ethernet jack.

So, my suggestion to anyone that is having slow download speed problems using MorphOS2.4 is to document every piece of equipment you are using in the chain between your G4 mini and your ISP and use the same speed test sites I have listed. Test several times and give your results here. Take your G4 Mini to other peoples houses and check to see if you have the same problem and speed test results from those other locations. Document everything as thoroughly as possible and try to find equipment that fixes the problem so we can help the Development Team narrow down the possibilities and thereby help them find out if it is a problem within MorphOS2.4, or if they just need to specify which equipment is supported until they have time to support the equipment that may be causing the problem.

Personally, I would rather have the team working on other parts of MorphOS, so we need to do our part to help them pinpoint this problem (if it is a MorphOS2.4 problem) so they can fix it and move on to more important features.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/12/14 19:08 ]

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/12/14 19:17 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »15.12.09 - 02:54