• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Might I suggest that everyone that is experiencing a problem with their MacMini Ethernet connection being slow when using MorphOS2.4 visit one or more of the many speed test sites on the Internet and;

1. list the site they used to test their connection,
    2. list the results they got from the test they ran,
    3. run the test at least 3 times and list all 3 results, or the average of the 3 tests,
    4. list each piece of equipment they use to connect their MacMini to the Internet,
    5. and lastly which ISP they use to connect to the Internet.

If there are other items that would be helpful to the MorphOS Development Team, please feel free to add to my list above.

If we all do the same tests from the same sites and provide all of the information above for each and every user that is having trouble with a slow connection, it will be easier for the team to sort through the information and check it against what they are seeing on their own MacMini's.

If anyone has a better idea, please share it with us. I have no problem adhering to a better plan, but we must have some plan to try to resolve this issue.

Edit: I don't have time right at the moment to fire up the MacMini, but I did do a test of my connection using my PC at www.speedtest.net and my results of one test pass were:

Download speed = 10.88Mb/s
    Upload speed = 1.07Mb/s

So, I think I have a fairly decent connection here and should have better results than I have been seeing with my MacMini running MorphOS2.4.

More later,

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/11/21 11:32 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »21.11.09 - 20:29