guruman
    Quote:

Piru wrote:
    Well I haven't heard anyone in the team having the problem. This is why we need as much HW details as possible, else we will have hard time fixing this.

I've had some chatting in IRC with some team members (read: bigfoot and Fab) past week. Anyway, here is a brief summary of what happens to me (it seems to me this problem does show in different ways to each user).

- I use the mini directly connected with the classic Ethernet cable to an ADSL modem/router. The modem/router is an Alice Gate 2 Plus WiFi (the standard thing we get with a TIN ADSL subscription, so it's used by some hundred thousands in Italy: http://images.alice.it/sg/help/upload/ali/alicegate2pluswifi-usermanual.zip). Since I dn't own a KVM switch, the configuration is exactly the same I use on the Efika and the Pegasos II: when I change coputer, I unplug the Ethernet cable from one machine and plug it on the other. No problems with the Efika and the Pegasos II, no problems with the mini using OSX or Linux as well.
    - What happens? Well, quite often I have slow downloads. Browsing speed is more than decent, though, but as soon as I try a download it tends to stop after a few dozen KB, or to continue at a crawling speed. It happens also while loading big pictures from web, or downloading emails with attachments. But downloading anything is pretty much unusable.
    - I tried to change the Prefs/Env-Archive/sana2/sungem_et0.config (and also sungem_eth0.config), but none of the options 10BASET, 100BASETX or AUTONEGOTIATE seem to solve the problem.
    - sometimes things just works. Sometimes things are deadly slow and all of a sudden starts going at almost insane speed (more than 1MB/s and not on local files, never seen this on my Pegasos II in years). Sometimes things are working nicely and stops in the middle of a session.
    - I have noticed that if I turn on the mini and the router together, things always work to some extent. Sometimes I get those DL problems afterwards, but if I turn off and then on the router things get good again - but this is not convenient, since I also have a PC connected that usually somebody else is using. If I turn on the mini while the PC is already doing traffic with p2p clients, I always get the super slow/freezing connection.

That's all folks...

Kind regards,
    Andrea
  • »21.11.09 - 16:17