• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    That is what I was afraid of. I gave some details earlier in this thread about which hardware I have from the cable modem to my Ethernet port. Is there anything else I can provide that will help?

It appears that there are many users that are having this slow Ethernet connection problem, so I had started to believe that everyone was having the same problem, including maybe one or two of the Team members, but that must not be true after reading what Piru just wrote.

We need to compile what ever information the team needs to help them find what is causing this problem. I have a 5mb connection through the cable company, but with MorphOS2.4 on my MacMini I can only get a small fraction of that speed, but with MacOSX on the exact same computer and other hardware between the computer and the cable connection to the wall, I get the full speed of my connection.

I also noticed tonight that my connection with MorphOS2.4 on my Efika was very slow too, but it might have been the site I was downloading from. I was downloading the latest version of OWB from Fab's site.

Edit: Will all MorphOS users that are experiencing slow Ethernet connections and/or connection freezing problems, please post their exact hardware setups here in this thread and what steps they have taken to try to improve their connection speed, plus the average connection speed they are seeing. Details about which sites they are going to, to do any speed testing would also be helpful. I am going to try to do some more testing tomorrow, as it is too late for me tonight to get off my laptop and out of bed to go turn on my MacMini. See you all tomorrow, please post your info, details and speed test results here for the team to look at and hopefully use to find a fix.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/11/19 22:27 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »20.11.09 - 07:21