• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I just tested my connection and here are the results (after finding a site that did not require Flash v7, or v8 minimum)

My MacMini is 1.5GHz G4 w/64mb VRAM, SuperDrive, Bluetooth & Wireless card installed.

Ethernet connection to NetGear 5 port 10/100Mbps Switch FS605 v3 > Linksys WRT54GS Wireless-G Broadband Router 802.11g w/SpeedBooster > Motorola SB5101 Surfboard Cable Modem > Charter Cable TV Internet Service

The site I used for the speed test was "http://www.dslreports.com" and on that page I chose the speed test for mobile devices, as it does not require any version of Flash and I was using version 1.5 of the OWB browser.

My results were: Mobile speed test
    710 kbit/sec
    0.092s latency
    11.61s d/l time

I did try to download some files from one of the MorphOS repositories and noticed that it seemed to be running very slow, just like most of the others here have reported, so I then went 5 feet to my right and used my PC and a USB memory stick to download about 525mb of files to install on my MOS2.4 MacMini and then connected such USB memory stick in the Mini and copied all the files to my download directory.

I am going to do some more testing and downloading of files to see if I get the same results again, because it was 3 days ago when I was downloading files, and the speed test I ran above was from just a few minutes ago.

Hope this data helps.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »29.10.09 - 00:37