• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    feanor
    Quote:

feanor, it is possible to actively market things without Google showing it. I'm telling you that all human knowledge is not indexed in Google. You can listen or not. It's ethnocentric to suggest the Chinese and Vietnamese etc. don't count.

Knowledge != information. Marketing is information not knowledge. I never said they don't count, but a product which is solely marketed in China or Vietnam, is of absolutely no use to me - and I guess to many others. May the Chinese and Vietnamese enjoy it in full, I don't mind, but I also don't care.

Quote:

THTF sent a team to SinoCES in August, they displayed a range of 5121e devices. You still say this is not active marketing? What else did you say, "there is NOT one online shop that sells these." Here's one.

Congrats on finding the online shop, though it looks like an ebay shop to me, but nevertheless. How long did it take you? Is that "active marketing" to you? I don't know perhaps you should talk to the iPhone marketing team. Still, the same point stands. A system which is unmarketable in anything even remotely close to "here" (and I'm using "here" with a very broad definition), is of little use to us who live "here". It's not a secret that the Asian market has a whole list of products marketed only there. Trying to convince us that a specific product is "The One True Solution" even when it has been tried -and failed- to the more demanding "Western" market, is naive.

Quote:

You can take Andreas' side if you like but you're just not reading his comments (which is quite understandable) if you say I've been insulting and he hasn't. I don't like rolling around in the mud, but I've responded to his insults, because nobody's going to push me around.

I have not taken sides at all. I just dislike your insistence on something which everyone in their right mind considers obsolete.

Quote:

PS: last response about CherryPal/LimePC in this thread from me.

Thank you, I wil do the same.

[ Edited by feanor on 2009/10/8 23:07 ]
  • »08.10.09 - 21:05
    Profile Visit Website