• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Krashan wrote:
    Whilst Aros is not quite as polished as MOS 2.3 atm, it is so close now that I can see Aros overtaking MOS within the next 12-18 months.

Joke of the month.

Although I really like MorphOS and I don't agree that Aros is as close as some might think to catching up, I can see that Aros (and Icaros) appear to be gaining steam and could/should overtake MorphOS and AmigaOS4.1 combined EVENTUALLY, if they continue to gain additional developers in the future, which they may or may not be able to do, depending on the hardware capabilities and availabilities of MOS and/or AOS4.x in the future.

I hope that MorphOS continues to be developed to the point that it has me seriously considering giving up on all other OSes, but how likely is that to really happen? Unless it gets ported to some more modern and available hardware over the next year or two, it will probably die out, as there is only so much time that the old Pegasos' and MacMini computers will last. (They may not last as long as our beloved Classic Amiga computers have, and even if they could, would you really want to be using a Pegasos or a G4 MacMini 15 t o20 years from now? I don't think so.)

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/9/12 11:21 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »12.09.09 - 19:20