• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Leo,

I don't know about MorphOS only being developed for "Fun", but I agree that it is only being done in the spare time of the developers working on it.

I would like to see more developers added to the team, but obviously they are hard to find these days, I mean the ones that are still interested in anything related to the Amiga or MorphOS and willing to work for free (or almost free). Also, I don't know the developers working on MorphOS, but I get the impression that they are a close knit group that would not accept the help of others, without knowing them, or having the other developers prove their worth to the team by doing some other programming of applications or utilities for MorphOS or AmigaOS in the past or currently working on something.

What I would like to see is that MorphOS would go Open Source with the current MorphOS Development Team retaining control of what gets added to their work, sort of like the way Linus Torvald controls what happens to the Linux Kernal. Instead of selling licenses for MorphOS, perhaps the team could accept donations and collect money in other ways that may even exceed the amount they now receive from their sales of licenses.

Just a few thoughts, that may, or may not make any sense. You must realize that I am still a newbie in these MorphOS parts and know only a fraction of the history of MorphOS and the Development Team.

All I do know is that if there could be more developers working on MorphOS, we could all get updates faster. I am determined to learn to program better and contribute by coding, or helping with code that will run on MorphOS. A game, a utility, or some other application that I can use and will hopefully be useful to other MorphOS users. I won't make it as one of the elite programmers that work on MorphOS itself, but at least I will feel good about contributing something. I suggest that every MorphOS users do the same and learn to program for MorphOS, if they are not already doing so. (but then I am probably being way to optimistic and naive about this whole topic)
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »12.09.09 - 18:51